Thursday, October 4, 2007

Call me a Farmer!

One of my favorite summer veggies is corn on the cob! I remember growing up there was an old truck up on Hwy 89 that mom would get corn from. They always had the best, sweetest tasting corn! This year we tried our hand at corn - we got a few edible ears... Most of them were only about half the regular size of an ear of corn. Now our stalks are being used to decorate our home.

6 comments:

Bonster said...

Those are cute little ears of corn! R's all time fave food is corn, he would live off it if he could.

zeeny said...

And you house looks cute with all the corn stalks! Was the corn good?

Anonymous said...

Well... lets see a picture of your house all decorated cute!

zeeny said...

Her flower are really beautiful...good job on the flower bed expansion!

zeeny said...

I'm a loser and get on the internet every ten minutes...maybe I'll see how many comments I can leave today!

zippy said...

Fresh corn is the best! Around here we've been surrounded by fields of corn all summer long and not a stand to be found--apparently it's all used for feed b/c it's not safe for human consumption, just for farm animals.