Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day

Every year since we moved into our new house, we have had a party
in our yard at the end of the summer - always held on Labor Day.
The guys (and maybe a few ladies) play football, ultimate frisbee,
horse-shoe's and bocce ball. The ladies sit and chat with one another...
The kids run around and do what they do best... make a mess!
I'll be sweeping sand out of my hardwood floors for weeks!
This year we had a great turnout, 65 people were here...
29 kids under 18 and 36 adults. Some people question why and how we do it...
We have a backyard big enough to do it, my husband will spend
the entire weekend cleaning the basement and garage
(so there is no need for me to do a thorough fall cleaning).
The kids love to have so many friends over,
it's fun to see my four year old playing with her favorite 14 year old.
I enjoy chatting with others who I do not usually get the chance to,
and I love to talk with my friends who I always get the chance to...
sometimes we never run out of things to talk about.
With the help from some great ladies,
I don't have to do much cleaning up afterwards.
And as always, everybody brings great food to share!

One of our favorite adults playing with a handful of kids...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, that's a lot of people...looks like fun!

zeeny said...

It was sooo fun! Thanks for putting up with all of us

zippy said...

Looks like it was tons of fun!! Sure missed being there. Would you say that is gets bigger and better with each passing year? : )