Saturday, September 15, 2007

Grandpa's Visit

Grandpa is here for the weekend and we visited Lake George!
It happened to be the 250th anniversary of the siege and surrender of Fort William Henry. The battle reenactment was quite captivating for the guys interested in history. There were hundreds of participants representing the British, French, Indians, etc. The cannons were so loud ~ and we were right behind them. They had tents set up with crafts and artisans demonstrating their skills from the 1700's. I think Grandpa's strategy was to wear me out so I wouldn't have the energy to shop the outlets when we were done! He succeeded... I was wiped out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! That's a great picture family picture! Looks like fun...but cold!

zeeny said...

I love the family picture...you all are so cute. You lucky to have such a fun dad!

I stinketh not!! said...

Your Dad was awesome in church, doodling on the kids toys. That made my day:) I can't belive how big your little one is getting. And I like your hair color, not sure if you changed it or not, but it looked good yesterday.