Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Our first decade...

  • 1997 - Our family began when we were married. We spent our first year together finishing school, working a little here and there, and enjoying movies at the dollar theater.
  • 1998 - After we graduated from college we moved to New York. The two of us drove across the country in a big U-haul truck, towing behind us everything we owned... which wasn't much!
  • 1999 - We worked, worked, and did a little more working. We enjoyed our two incomes and we were finally able to enjoy full priced movies at seat-reclining theaters.
  • 2000 - We welcomed our first baby boy! I learned staying home with one baby is full of bliss! I was occasionally challenged by sleep deprivation... which was remedied by napping when baby naps!
  • 2001 - The three of us moved from NY to the coast of Maine. We lived in a tiny one bedroom apartment. One of the most romantic gestures from dear hubby was coming home from work with roses and a window air conditioner, which was much needed!
  • 2002 - We bought our first house and learned the meaning of "sweat equity!" We primed and painted every wall and piece of trim throughout the house. We laid each tile perfectly in the kitchen, foyer, and hallway. We hung sheet rock ~ taped, mudded, and sanded!
  • 2003 - The new year celebration was spent in the hospital with our new baby girl. Two kids was a bit more difficult to get used to. Napping when baby naps no longer applied! We learned the "tag-team" approach to parenting.
  • 2004 - The four of us moved from the coast of Maine back to NY and bought another new house. This time we were absolutely NOT INTERESTED in sweat equity! We were willing to pay more for a professional to do the work!
  • 2005 - I celebrated my November birthday with the birth of our third baby. With only 50 minutes remaining in the day, I couldn't put it off any longer! Apparently, he wanted to share birthdays...
  • 2006 - With more children than adults and more kids than hands I learned how to handle the challenges of three kids. Most importantly, I learned without all the challenges... I wouldn't experience all the joys!
  • 2007 - We celebrated our 10th Anniversary & are looking forward to the next decade!

1 comment:

zeeny said...

Cute Pics. I havn't seen the new family one and wanted to take a closer look Sunday, but never got around to it. It is so cute.