Friday, July 6, 2007

Boys will be boys...

I am driving the kids home from the library the other day and my 18 month old decides to wiggle out of his car seat buckle. He is now standing up facing backwards jumping up and down in his car seat. The other kids are laughing at him, which is only making the situation worse!
"Stop laughing at your brother!"
"Turn around and sit down!"
"You are not helping me by laughing at him!"
I finally stop the car, get out and re-buckle him in his seat belt ~ all the while he is throwing a tantrum. I get back in, relax a little and drive us all home. Later in the evening, the kids go out to play in the sandbox and I can't find one of the little monkey's shoes. I ask, "Has anyone seen his shoes?" My oldest, who is almost 8 says he knows where the shoe is. He reluctantly tells me he saw the shoe on the side of the road where we stopped earlier in the day to re-buckle his brother. Hello... "Why didn't you tell me this when we were on the road?" The typical response from an 8 year old... I don't know... What do I do?? It is getting late and my husband tells me to wait until the morning. This silly shoe keeps me up all night long... I think I remember where I stopped, but I can't be sure. The shoes were only $10 and easily replaceable - but still I am thinking about it all night! Will people think I am strange if they pass me and I am out looking on the side of the road for a little boys shoe? In the morning, I get the kids ready and we head out to the car in search of the shoe. I open the car door and on the floor of the car is... the missing shoe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silly boys... They sure are cute though!

Carrie Tidwell said...

That just made my day hearing that!