Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Things...

The Holiday Choir Concert
This year the 3rd, 4th and 5th grades combined for a seasonal celebration. They sang songs about Christmas, Hannukah, and Kwanza. We've known for a long time that he enjoys singing... We found out during the concert that he is a pretty great performer. I wonder where he gets that from?
Christmas Caroling
The Daisy Girl Scouts sang their way through the hallways of the local nursing home and hospital. Her favorite part was "seeing the sad people in wheelchairs become happy!" She came home and told us a lot of the people looked just like Grandma Houston (her spunky 93 year old Great Grandma). She had so much fun and sings the songs all... day... long...

Away in a Manger
We bought the Fisher Price Little People Christmas Nativity toy for the kids and they have loved it ~ After playing around with it for a while, this is the way our little rascal set up the manger/stable scene. Take notice of the pig where the Angel should be... we've made some progress - at first the Angel was a butterfly, then became a fairy and is now properly called the Angel.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute kids you have! I miss them! I will be calling... I want to hear Kailey sing!

Guinevere said...

Love to hear of your Christmas happenings. We can hear C all the way over hear singing his heart out. K looks so grown up...Girl Scouts how fun. We have the same nativity set and our kids still love to play with it. Bonus...I don't mind either. (PS K is taller than A now, but we don't speak of it often around here. :)

zeeny said...

What a fun time of year! I love the nativity with the pig on top! J is so funny!

JeMM said...

Your kids are great! I love that you share there lives with all of us!