Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bunny Bowls...

When my sisters and I were little, we all had our own little bunny bowl. Our great aunt gave them to us and we LOVED them! My mom has continued the tradition and has purchased these cute little bunny bowls for all of the grandkids. When my oldest was 2 and we were expecting baby #2, my mom came to visit us and we went shopping for our 2nd bunny bowl. I told her that I cherished the bowl and did not let my then toddler eat out of it because I didn't want it to break! She reminded me how much as a kid I used to love eating out of it and that I should let my kids eat out of them so they can enjoy them as well. So I did... and none of them had broken ~
Until now....
In the last month our little monkey has broken two of the three bowls.
I guess my mom and I have some shopping to do next time she visits!

6 comments:

Carrie Tidwell said...

That is so funny and not funny. I know how you feel. IF I ever let my kids use theirs, I would always be so careful and handwash them. Then one day, I had rinsed the bowl and went to lay it on a towel to dry...what happens? It slips out of my hand and breaks when it hits the floor! Now they are back to sitting on the shelf! We better start stocking up! I heard they are get more rare as time goes by!

Anonymous said...

So the real question is.... Are you going to continue to let your kids eat out of the bunny bowls???

zeeny said...

Who was more sad...you or the other kids? That is fun though to have a special bowl just like mommy did when she was little.

annaniccole said...

How sad!!! I don't let my kids eat out of them either unless there is absolutely NO clean dishes. None have broken yet, but they are rarely used. Amazingly enough my Bunny Bowl from when I was a kid sits up thee with them. It is so worn that you can barely see the picture on it anymore. What is it? 30something??? Crazy!

Natalie said...

Apparently I am the only one who lets my kids use the bowls on a regular basis now... I guess the bowls breaking was bound to happen!

AND... I was more sad than the kids with the first broken bowl, with the second broken bowl... I knew it was just around the corner!

Guinevere said...

I'm really sorry. Those bowls are (were really cute). But who doesn't like the idea of more shopping? Especially with someone you love.