~ T H A N K S G I V I N G ~
This year we hosted a few families at our house for Thanksgiving. Each of the kids helped me prepare something - they had fun and did such a great job!
Apple Pie
The weekend after Thanksgiving we celebrated my 35th and the little guys 5th birthday! He asked me about a week before the big day if we could please not share a birthday this year... We decided he would have his own little party with his buddies and I would have a cake to my own on a different date. When he heard of this plan, he asked if I would share my cake with him. Absolutely... we shared a Star Wars cake! Aren't I nice?
So he got his first little birthday party with friends ~ with absolutely no mention of mom's birthday! We took him fishing a few times during the summer and ever since, he has been wanting his very own fishing pole.
Our musician participated in a Christmas recital at Barnes and Noble. He is getting so good at playing the cello. It was fun listening to him practice Christmas songs. I can't wait until he goes off to Middle school next year - because I won't have to bring the cello back and forth... they'll have one at the school for him to play and we can keep ours at home!
Grandma and Grandpa came to visit for the week after Christmas. We visited the science museum, ate lunch at Friendly's (grandpa's favorite when he was a kid growing up on the East coast) and Panera (my favorite). My mom and I went to the salon and had our hair cut, we relaxed during pedicures and we did a lot of shopping! We miss them already...
We celebrated another birthday.... she turned 8 and was baptized!
We are so proud of her... she is such a sweet, smart young lady!


2 comments:
Darling pics! Can't wait for more!
So much fun. K looks so sweet in her baptism pictures. How exciting!
Post a Comment