For years my mom has been in charge of the Deseret News 5K Pioneer day race. Our family planned to visit Utah for a few weeks this summer and we were looking forward to finally being able to participate in the race with the rest of the family. This is a picture of the kids after they finished the race and found their biggest supporter. This was my mom's first outing since being held hostage in the hospital for five weeks. We are so glad she made it!
About half way through the race, the course follows along the parade route. For some people, the cheering from the crowd motivates them to go faster.... not so much for others - check out the little guys face!
Luckily for these little runners, Uncle Brandon was close by to help them find the finish line! Notice the change in facial expressions...
The kids loved the bagels and Jamba Juice samples at the end...

3 comments:
I don't know why your mom was so sick, but I'm glad she's on the road to recovery. I had no idea she was in charge of such a large race. those are a huge thing to organize!
love all the pictures and glad you had fun in Utah.
Awe how wonderful!!! That would be a huge highlight to a fun trip like that. :) I bet the Jamba Juice didnt hurt either lol.
lol. I love the facial changes! I didn't have my camera during the race, don't you have some pictures for me??
Post a Comment