Friday, November 20, 2009

Buffalo Days...

This morning, the little monkey and I were able to visit a local Tipi maker with his preschool class. The kids had so much fun walking around the grounds, feeding the horses, and looking at the huge Tipi.

We also had a lot of fun sitting inside the huge Tipi, getting warmed up by the indoor bonfire, and listening to the local Native American tell stories.

I thought he would be hesitant to feel (or pet) the different animals, but he surprised me and was very willing and interested in everything.
We felt a buffalo, coyote, and a little fox (pictured).
It was our favorite field trip so far... so interesting and so much fun!

3 comments:

Carrie Tidwell said...

How fun... That seems like an amazing field trip! What a cutie he is! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

I love that kid! What did Samson say when Jackson showed him the picture of him petting the fox?? It was cute that he was so excited!

zeeny said...

Fun...M went on a field trip there last year and really liked it!! I've never been though, but it sound fun!