Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Festivities ~

Friday was a very busy day... I woke up early to start a pot of my delicious chili for our church Halloween party and chili cook off. I had to start it early because we all know it's best if it simmers for a while.
After the oldest two kids were off on the bus, the little man and I headed off to preschool for his Halloween Party. He was very excited to trick or treat at preschool. My little clone trooper doesn't like attention (until you get to know him... then he becomes quite the jokester) so he didn't want all of the parents looking at him - He got a strange look on his face when they were about to start singing their cute holiday songs, and I knew something was about to happen. He bursts into tears and runs towards me... I guess he is not quite ready to perform! I caught this picture about 25 seconds before the drama began! Lucky me ~

After the preschool party, we headed to the first grade Harvest Party.
We brought in these yummy treats for the kids... while working wonders on these little crispy treats, I thought to myself... "Why am I doing all this? They are just first graders!" Then, my little lady comes into the kitchen and says, "Mom - I love the beautiful detail of the orange swirls!"
That made it all worth the extra effort!
The fourth graders also had a harvest party ~ one that was the most boring party ever (his words exactly)!! They colored small pumpkins with markers and had cheese sticks, grapes, carrots and asparagus - with a small cup of sprite! I'm all for healthy schools... but let them have a PARTY!

We ended the day with our church Halloween Trunk or Treat and Chili cook off. The kids were excited to dress up in their costumes and get a head start on candy collecting. It was a fun party!
** Saturday Morning **
Holiday breakfasts are big in our house and usually consists of colored pancakes transformed into a holiday shape of choice. This year I shook things up a bit! We don't eat much sugared cereal in our house...
so I thought these would be a big hit!
Just before noon, my big kid and worlds fastest trick or treater got sick ~ the bad kind of sick, the kind nobody deals well with... thankfully for him, his dad took his trick or treat bag out for him to collect some candy!

Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting Nat!

I feel so bad that Carson is sick, good thing he has such a good dad! Hopes he feels better soon.

Love the costumes... haha! Is Jacksons face a little cramped in his mask?? Ha ha! Happy Halloween!

P.S. Where did you get their cute Halloween bags?

Carrie Tidwell said...

I noticed the bags too. And Kaileys costume is so cute....Sure would be fun to have you here! What did you say about a job in Utah???

Lucy said...

So cute. You sure went to a lot of effort for two days straight! I wish I could say sugar cereal was a rarity in our house (it was when I was growing up) but my boys are very used to it. Ah well....

Everyone looks adorable and I am going to try that chili!!

Natalie said...

We got the cute pumpkin bags at Target... one dollar!

zeeny said...

Glad most of your family had fun!! All your kids looked cute!! I loved K's black and pink...so cute!

Jen said...

Okay, that was one of the funniest posts ever! I loved how both you and Carson thought the party stunk. I am still laughing just writing this. The kids looked awesome on the big day. Sorry you got sick Carson. Love you! Aunt Jen