Monday, February 9, 2009

The Pinewood Derby

We had fun with our first ever Pinewood Derby.
He designed the shape of his car, learned to use different power tools with dad to get the right shape, painted and dried the car (with moms hair dryer), and was able to use mom's cricut to put his initials on his car.

His car didn't do well running the track (dad took the blame for forgetting the graphite on the wheels), but he had such great sportsmanship! He is a great kid, we had fun with him and are proud of the Scout that he is!

We learned that we need to spend more than 10 minutes aligning the wheels, some people spent nearly 4 hours on the wheels alone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet that was a lot of fun for Samson and Carson to work on that together! Carson looks sharp in his uniform. AND just think...there's always next year!

Anonymous said...

Carson - I love the scout uniform. I get to wear mine at the end of this month when I go to our Klondike Derby! Samson - How could you forget the graphite?! Oh well, next year you'll be better prepared. Good job Carson in scouting! ~Brandon

Guinevere said...

Yeah for scouts & the pinewood derby!! C looks so handsome in his uniform. His car looks really cool...way to be a good sport kiddo.