Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy St Patty's Day!

We started the day with GREEN SHAMROCK shaped pancakes -
which really looked like four big blobs stuck together!
But the kids were totally impressed... (that's what matters, right?)
The kids came home from school to find a trail of
GOLD leading them through the house...
(GOLD - twix, hershey's nuggets & any other candy wrapped in gold foil)
The trail led to a real treasure... LUCKY CHARMS cereal!
Marshmallow cereals are typically not found in our house -
So it really was a treat for the kids!

6 comments:

zeeny said...

That is cute. I have decided that I need to make it a more fun holiday for my girls next year!

Bonster said...

What a fun idea! I was a lazy and just put the boys in green and left it at that...there's always next year, all you ladies did some fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

What lucky kids!!! That is such a cute and creative idea!

EstesSBTAK said...

What a fun idea. I hope I remember that come next year!

Meri said...

That is about the coolest St. Patrick's Day tradition that I've ever heard of! You are so clever. [We just ate corned beef and cabbage with corn bread.] Just think, "We could have had Lucky Charms!"

Guinevere said...

Darling...it's a great holiday to celebrate. I bet your kiddos loved it!