Sunday, January 20, 2008

My Primary Colors!

Since the summer of 2004 I have been serving in the Primary.
For the first few months I was the chorister ~ I know it
sounds funny to those of you who have heard me sing,
but I loved it and I like to think that I was pretty good at it!
I may not know how to carry a tune,
but I like to think I know how to have fun with the kids.
For the last few years I've served as the Primary president,
and today I was released from that calling.
When I began serving in Primary my oldest was a Sunbeam...
He will be baptized next week!
It has been such a blessing to watch and see how Heavenly Father
touches the lives of those people who serve in Primary.
I have felt the love He has for the children and I have been
able to feel the sweet spirit that children have.
I have also been there on the days where the children were
incredibly restless and uninterested in what was being taught -
in their defense... some days are boring in Primary -
we as leaders are not always prepared well.
I have been able to serve with some amazing women these last
four years in Primary. I have learned so much from them ~
I would never have been able to feel successful in my
calling without the support and help from them.
I was so grateful today when the new primary
presidency was announced ~ they are going to be fantastic...
these children are in good hands!

8 comments:

Bonster said...

I just have to say that I really admire you and how much time and effort you put into your calling. I thought you were just wonderful when you were chorister (That was when I was C's sunbeam teacher!) and you were wonderful as a Primary Prez, Thank you for all your time and your faith, many children and in turn families were blessed because of you.

Guinevere said...

May I just say...how much those sweet little kiddos were blessed by your service too. You've done a fantastic job--along with your counselors. I'm so grateful that my kids reaped the blessings of being in the ward while you served in Primay. You are such a wonderful example to me. Thank you. Can't wait to hear what's on the horizon for you next...keep us posted.

smlaw said...

It's always bitter sweet to leave a calling but it makes way for new experiences and lessons to be learned in other areas! You were wonderful- I can't wait to find out where you will serve next.

zippy said...

You did an amazing job as Primary President!! Those kids were blessed to learn from you and your wonderful counselors! Thank you for all your time and effort. You are a great example. And, btw: I thought you were a TERRIFIC chorister too!! I learned so-o much from watching you work in both those callings! Enjoy your little break, I'm sure it won't be long before you are called to share your many talents elsewhere!

damama said...

Natalie, I am so proud of how you serve. You did a great job in the Primary, as you have in all your callings. You will do just as great a job in your future callings. That is just how you are.

Christine said...

In all seriousness, you and your counselors did such an amazing job. I hope you can feel a sense of peace and satisfaction from what you have done and how you served. Best of luck with whatever lies ahead!

zeeny said...

It will be sad not watching the kids so closly every Sunday but it is exciting to see what lies ahead. You were fabulous!!

Kadi, John and girls said...

Natalie, 4 years goes by fast! I can remember when you first were called and emailed for advice. It's an awesome experience to be in Primary and I'm sure you were absolutely wonderful! I look forward to hearing what the Lord has in store for you next.