Thursday, July 30, 2009

Palmyra...

Last weekend we were able to take the family to Palmyra for a ward temple trip. I was very excited... in the ten years we've lived on the East coast, we've never taken the kids to see the Church History sites (don't even ask what my excuses are, they are all lame!). We were able to walk around the temple grounds with the kids and attend the temple together while a friend watched our kids for us! It was a beautiful (hot and humid) day!

The kids loved playing around the Hill Cumorah. I think they liked being able to identify the scripture stories to an actual place. The kids went on a geocache(?) hunt/hike. I am not sure what geocaching is all about ~ but my kids absolutely loved it, so I better figure it out and take them more often.

The Sacred Grove was a fantastic experience for all of us... except for the first 10 minutes when our rambunctious 3 year old threw a fit! (We have it on video - it is priceless!!) I think we'll try harder to make this more of an annual family tradition and not wait another decade to go again!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Looks like you guys had a fun time. I'd love to see the video of J throwing a fit! Ha ha!

Lucy said...

So great! I can't believe that is your first time there, though. I've always envied East Coasters their ease of travel (everything seems so close) but I guess it's not as easy as it seems. Glad you went:)

JeMM said...

So glad you got to see the sites afterward! We had a great time too - geocache.com!

zippy said...

How fun! That is one of the many things we miss about being in NY...being so close to all those wonderful church sites. Glad you finally got to take your family there. : )

Guinevere said...

Sounds like a great family trip each summer! My favorite Sacred Grove memory is when Keaton relieved hiself by one of the trees. UGH!! Maybe one summer our families should plan to all be in the paegent together...what fun that could be~~

Jessica said...

The sacred grove is less than 2 hours from the house I grew up in -- I'm glad you got to go finally! It's worth going back for the Hill Cumorah Pageant, too. Mike and I lived in Rochester for 6 years after BYU and went frequently because it was so close.

By the way, my blog if you ever want to pop in: http://girliesthree.blogspot.com