Last weekend we were able to tour a local Maple sugar shack,
watch the sap boil, and taste some warm maple syrup.
I don't think I'll be able to look at Aunt Jemima the same way...
The kids on the hay ride - making the trip to the sugar shack.
(Notice that NONE of them are actually looking at me)
The boiling process - even though there was still a bit of snow on the ground, it was smoking hot inside the little sugar shack!
My favorite part... the Maple flavored cotton candy!

3 comments:
Fun! I have never done this...I guess we'll have to one year!
Looks like fun! Those kiddies sure are growing up. Can't wait to see them in Florida! woot woot!
Wow. My kids would love that. We don't even get Aunt Jemima. I am so cheap, I use Mapeline and mix it with sugar and water for our own version of pretend syrup.
Looks so gloriously east coast!
Post a Comment